Sunday, July 23, 2006

God is so awesome

Man, I love our youth group. We have grown so much over just the last month, not just in numbers but spiritually as well. It has been great to see some new faces w/ us. I love when leaders have to drive their own cars because our 15 passenger van actually has 15 people in it.
God has great things planned for our student ministry and has placed excellent leaders to carry out his good and perfect plan. I only hope that when Allen and I are ministers that we are apart of something half as awesome as this youth group. Tonight was great. We had a rockin' good time w/ R.L. Ah, good ol' D-Now days (Only Allen knows what I'm talkin' about)
I'm really excited to see our ministry molded into what God wants it to be, a beacon to lead our church into change. I love the way we as a group have stepped up and just like Paul said "Look at us...we as a student ministry are following God. It doesn't matter if there are a million different problems w/ this church or none...we will continue to seek after God's plan for our lives. Man to all of you who read this from WHBC, I love you guys w/ all my heart. You guys are amazing.

4 comments:

Sarah Ashley said...

that was a great post Steven! 'm also glad that this youth ministry is growing. I hope that it keeps growing. I' know that you and Alen will be awesome ministers! oh yeah and I love all my brothers and sisters in christ.

theboythatis said...

Awesome post man. To look at our youth group now that I have ust graduated, and to cmpare it to how it was when I joined six years ago... the change is amazing! God has really taken our youth group and he has worked on it. We aren't perfect, but we are defnately much more mature than we were six years ago. I can actually say that I care about each and every one of our members. I can say that I actually love all of you guys. I pray for my future ministry and for yours as well, that whatever god has planned for us, that it would be even half as amazing as our youth group. god is awesome. God is powerful. God is good.

cruz-control said...

warm, fuzzy feelings.

Halpin said...

I love it when I read things like this. It makes my day about 80,000,000,000,000,000 x ten x better. I love all you guys so much. Warm fuzzy feelings.

But do be careful not to get complacent (and this goes for me mostly) because we still have a long way to go on this journey we call life. :)