Monday, March 26, 2007

Spiritual Prayer Journal

In my quest to pray for more than just physical healing for the ones I love, I have decided to start a spiritual healing journal. Each new entry will feature a detailed situation that requires many prayers for many different things. Some will be for a renewal of desire for Christ. Some will be for a removal of spiritual apathy. Many, many others will exist as well. Since I remeber and learn largely from writing stuff down, I think this will help my personal prayer life immensely so...hear goes.

This amazingly humble lady Janet that I work with takes care of her Mom, Severina Manglapus. Severina is very old and has lived her life to the fullest. She is near death and grows weaker each day. Janet takes care of her mom during the day and works at night while her husband works days and takes care of Severina while Janet is at work during the night. My prayer is that Severina is thankful to God for the lovely angels He has given her to take care of her throughout the day and into the night. My prayer is that Janet and her husband will be given the spiritual strength needed to take care of Severina without growing tired or weary. My prayer is that this strengthens their marriage instead of placing a large burden on it. My prayer is that God will continue to be glorified in this situation as He already has. Janet is a perfect example of what the love of Jesus Christ looks like, lived out completely everyday. My prayer is that when Severina does pass over and goes to be with her Lord and Savior that Janet and her husband seek spiritual strength first from God and then from each other. My prayer is that when this sad day comes that Janet will continue to have the heart of a slave with everyone she comes into contact with. My prayer is that Janet continues to show me what Christ looks like everytime I come into contact with her.

No comments: